My dad had a pallidotomy about 4 weeks ago, and is progressing well except
for some confusion and disorientation.  It is likely that the mental state is
drug related.  He's due to see his neuro and neurosurgeon next week for a
follow-up visit.  They had said they didn't want to change any of his drugs
until he was stabilized.  Does anyone have any experiences on this matter
that they can relate?  He's not yet on mirapex, but I'd like to discuss that
with his docs as well.  Is it too soon to change drugs, or alternatively to
reduce sinemet to see if his mental condition might improve?

Thanks in advance for any input you might provide.

Frank Reilly, son of Gene, 70/18