On Wed 22 Oct, [log in to unmask] wrote:

> << Prof Olanow is convinced that, hiding inside the Selegiline is the real
>  agent which can provide substantial neuro-protection, but it is not capable
>  of working while trapped inside the Selegiline.  >>
>

> This sounds like double talk.

I think the problem is that i attempted to summarise a radio interview, in
which the Prof. was speaking without a script , and a transcript can be
quite garbled. The key point, which I missed out, is that new work that they
have done shows that Selegiline is metabolised to des-methyl selegiline and
this is what provides the protective component, but (and he is not very clear
here ) It would appear that the remaining Selegiline masks the efect of the
des-methyl selegiline. Does that make any more sense?
--
Brian Collins  <[log in to unmask]>