hi linda

you wrote:
>>i'm curious as to how you could conclude that phos... is beneficial to you
>>when it's one of thirteen listed ingredients
> Not to conclude, Janet, but to question. Tis why I listed them.

sorry for the misunderstanding [?]
your previous post stated:

>I take the phosphatidylserine every day,
>I started out on Solaray's brand,
>it was like magic,

>...clip on the nightly news... possible thousands of articles ....
>...aroused my curiosity enough to venture...

this is the kind of 'unproven' 'news' and 'hype'
that i tend to resist on principle

>... been studies done on phosphatidylserine by research
>teams that have indicated that PS could be a possible treatment in
>Alzheimer's....

since the one study you posted was done in 1992
[one of the several that i mentioned yesterday, btw]

and since the 'conclusion' is nebulous at best:
"Results suggest that phosphatidylserine may be
a promising candidate for study in the early stages of AD"

and since there are no further studies done to prove or disprove anything

and since T. Crook has published nothing since

my cynicism radar is still on full [even brighter] red alert

>If you would like to review some of the articles, you can go to
>www.sciway.net, from there register, it is free, and enter medline.

i prefer to use the national library of medicine's PubMed site for medline
it's free, no registration involved, and has a great search engine
provided for the consumer's enlightenment by the u.s. gov.

i highly recommend it:
        http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/PubMed

further to the one abstract that you quoted
before i ingest anything that sounds like
it's got something to do with cow's brains
"bovine cortex phosphatidylserine"
[especially these days]
i'm not about to expose my body and my brain
to any 'mystery' product
without a lot more valid and reputable investigation

i do believe that this body/brain/bag full of chemicals
is the only one i'll be issued this time around

yours in cynicism

janet

janet paterson - 50/9 - sinemet/selegiline/prozac - [log in to unmask]