FRank,

I had a pallidotomy too a few weeks ago.The doctors told me that some long term
effests of the stimulation of the brain with the needle could be expected. And
that it could happen within a few weeks to have anincrease of symptoms. this
could haveinfluence on the balance or orientation or emotional  stability. If
this would happen it was to be expected to disappear with some time. Itwas
their opinion that the side effects of the surgery was disappeared not sooner
than half a year after the treatment. They used to recomend not to change
medicines, because it cofuses the different effects and one can't see clearly
what is what.

            Ida KAmphuis
                Andrekam@ worldaccess. nl