Connie...

With the MD that Social Security eventually sent me to I had to fight with
them to just get an appointment after 12 noon - they kept trying to get me to
go to see their MD at 9 a.m. at a clinic that was waaaaay out in the boonies -
over an hour away.

Since I'm usually awake till about 4 a.m., I don' t even get up till 10-ish in
the a.m. and it takes me about 2 hours to become functional.  Social Security
fought me all the way on that, but I finally got them to get me a local MD
<who knew little about PD, but HAD done his research, 'cause he kept flashing
all kindsa obscure PD-related medical terms at me!) <wee smirk>, with the
appointment at 2:30 .p.m.   Based upon THAT, it hadn't occurred to  me to
fight once again for an even LATER appointment (which I'd have had to take a
cab to 'cause I'd never drive without being "on." (I'd be a lethal weapon  at
the wheel in THAT condition!)

Frankly, I absolutely HATE subterfuge, tho DO see where I'll be forced to use
it and any other weapons at my disposal - including "forgetting" to take my
meds before an SSDI medical appointment.  But it sure galls me to feel FORCED
to do this, and to MAKE myself feel rotten ON PURPOSE.

As for the collagen injections, I was able to speak immediately, tho with the
initial ones, last May 16, I was a bit hoarse for the first coupla hours.
Didn't have any hoarseness with the second pair of injections on Oct. 8th.  In
both cases, vocal volume was increased to the "normal range" immediately,
according to those who heard me speak.  To ME, I could never tell I was
speaking so quietly in the first place!  My voice sounded the same as it
always had to my OWN ears.  I had never realized how faint it'd become till
every one began saying "WHAT?" at me whenever I spoke.

Barb Mallut