I have a 20 year old son who has Down 's Syndrome and PD. Diagnosed 9/96. Our
neuro. @ U of W in Seattle and his partners were very surprised that a person
of his age would have PD and don't know of any other cases anywhere in the
world with both problems at such an early age.

Dan's on 4 25/100 sinement a day now and we're also giving him 4-5 doeses of
a multi-vitamin/nutrients supplement used to improve functioning in Down's
patients. Nutri-Chem is the name of the company operating out of Ottawa,
Canada (http://www.nutrichem.com).  From what I understand about the
chemistry of the brain  the same problems associated with PD  i.e.
degeneration of brain cells is also apparent in Down's. Sometimes referred to
as "oxidative stress" which damages and kills brain cells. Their product is
an attempt to combat this. Their literature is very interesting and they'll
send it to you for free.

I've only been on this list for a few weeks and am fascinated by the
diversity of information presented here. Anyone knowing of under 25's with PD
we would like to connect with.
Dave ( [log in to unmask])