^^^^^^GREETINGS  FROM^^^^^^^^^^
Ivan Suzman  47/10   [log in to unmask]
Portland, Maine   land of lighthouses     deg. F

On Fri, 24 Oct 1997 14:12:56 -0400 BTurenneJr <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
>The House/Senate Labor HHS Conference is tentatively scheduled to meet
>the
>afternoon of Tuesday, October 28th.  I will be in attendance and will
>post an
>update with any Udall relevant information immediately following their
>adjournment.
>
>We should know the fate of the Udall bill by the 7th of November.
>Don't touch
>that dial.
>
>Keep thinking positive thoughts.
>
>As always, if you have any specific questions of me, feel free to
>reply to
>this message, or call me toll free in DC at 1-888-331-4NPF.
>
>Bill Turenne, Jr.
>NPF/ Washington

Dear Bill T,

  Bill, my thanks you and the NPF Washington office for the many posts
you have provided us on the fate of the Udall Bill

   Secretary of Defense Bill Cohen, former Maine Senator, is extremely
supportive of the Udall Bill. He held hearings where Joan Samuelson of
PAN testified, when he  was Chairman of the Senate Committee on Aging.

.  Maybe he could be asked to speak to some of the more uncertain
Republican Members of the Senate, if we need to convince 1 or 2 critical
Senators to join in support of the Labor Bill in which the Udall Bill is
contained.

I talked to his staff many times last year, before his Senatorial term
was completed, and maintain a number of contacts. I would be glad to
assist in any way possible.

Do you know if he has already been approached to help us?

Ivan Suzman
Portland, Maine 47/10