On Sat, 25 Oct 1997 00:16:06 -0400 "B.Bruce Anderson"
<[log in to unmask]> writes:

  Does anyone have any advice for painful feet?  My
>toes
>have been curling up just a bit for some time but now they are
>starting to
>hurt. I find myself using cruise control even on local streets.  I am
>working with Brian Collins to better time my drug intake using his
>computer
>program, and I'm hoping that'll help, but what about shoes, for
>instance.
>I know other List members have had foot problems.  Has anyone had
>better
>luck with one kind or brand of shoes?   THANX!!
>BBA.

^^^^^^GREETINGS  FROM^^^^^^^^^^
Ivan Suzman  47/10   [log in to unmask]
Portland, Maine   land of lighthouses   28  deg. Ffrosty-woodstove going
Dear BBruce,

   I have found a wonderful way to ease and eliminate end-of-dose foot
cramps and toe curling. Works much of the time, if I can find a quiet
place to relax meanwhile.  It also helps me sleep.

   Also, you may need more dopamine (medication intervals too long, and
or dosage too low).  Maybe Brian Collins can work that out with you.

Here's my method:

Take a pair of unneeded, heavy (I use woolen) socks.

Fill the socks with uncooked rice.  I happen to prefer the aroma of brown
rice to that of white rice, once the microwaving is finished (see below).

Tie a knot in the ankle of each sock, so that the rice will not spill
out.

Microwave both together for about 2 minutes, or to desired warmth.

Sit or lie in as comfortable a resting position as possible.

Place a sock against each sole. I tend to be wearing at least light
cotton socks to avoid overly-hot contact on bare skin surfaces.

Wrap your legs and feet, from the calves down, with a lightweight
blanket, towel, or garment so that the heat is retained.

In a short while, your toes will feel a lot better. Thisdepends, for me,
on my dosing schedule, as much as anything else.

Be patient and try to relax  It's a good time for quieter activities..

Try this 'microwaved minipad" idea and tell us if it helps you!

For me, it's a great helpful hint!  Maybe Heloise knows about it!!

Best wishes,

Ivan  Suzman 47/10  Portland, Maine