Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 14:42:32 -0400
From: yarborough joan <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Barbara, can you help me?

My brother-in-law in Los Angeles has a friend with Parkinson's who is not
doing very well and doesn't think his doctors are treating the disease
("it's just a geriatric thing..."). The man is 64-65, once very active and
vital, diagnosed about 6 years ago.
He is very discouraged and has lost the will to do anything. My
brother-in-law would like the names of reputable neurologists, internists,
psychiatrists, counsellors, whoever ...in the LA, Pasadena, LaCanada area
who would be good for him to see.
Can you recommend? Or, tell me who to contact about it? Is there a PD
clearinghouse of reputable doctors? (Or, if you think it advisable, would
you  post to the Parkinsn newsgroup and ask anyone to respond to me by
direct e-mail?)

I've been off the news group for about a year, so I'm kinda out of touch
these days.

Thanks for any assistance you may be able to give.
Joan Yarborough in Nashville