Jackie asks for ideas to fall asleep.  What worked for me, and I've not had
any problems since, was to tape someting I really wanted to see on TV.  I
still use Benedryl before I try to watch and concentrate on trying not to
drift off to think of anything else beside what is on the TV.

This works because you get and keep everything else off your mind and the
Benedry helps.   I did this for maybe 4 or 5 days and  once in a while after.
 I don't know why this worked so well for me except I learned to empty my
mind of good or not as good worries.     My doctor was not surprised when I
told him what had worked for me.

It sounds very sinplistic but it worked for me.   If i have a very exciting
full day sometimes I do it again for that night.  I should also mention that
I get us for a potty  run several times a night and go right back to sleep.