At 01:53 PM 10/25/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Please tell me the proper way to search the archive. The address
>([log in to unmask]) was not accepted. Thanks, Ralph.

The archives are not searchable anymore using the tools I used to post
regularly. Since the Listserv changed versions of the program they use to
package and deliver the parkinsn list and others, searchable archives
became a thing of the past.

A friend and I created a program that let me perform the same service on my
machine in Oklahoma City. I weekly downloaded the logs and compiled it into
a database, from which I performed manual searches from requests.

I have been away from my machine (on holiday in Australia) since August and
will not return until the second half of November.

In the meantime, Simon Coles has had a web site set up to perform the same
function in realtime. His site requires that you read each message
pretaining to what ever you search for manually. Don't remember the correct
URL for that site though...or for that matter if it still exists.

I have been considering abandoning the archive, since it has been a 'labor
of love' and it is very labor intensive but will make that decision later.

The latest version of Listserv supports the archive again....BUT, evidently
the University of Toronto doesn't wish to convert...since it takes money
and schools of higher education are always short of it. I for one have
appreciated what we have had. The folks of Canada should be very proud....I
know I am.

Probably, the Current Topics list will be revised and I will focus my
attention to that and the Drug Database.

Thanks for the patience.

John Cottingham