Mary,

You said:
>...even a false correlation, given large enough numbers,
would be worthy of further study.....

Let's agree to disagree.  I believe a  mechanism for a causal connection
between the events is needed to justify further study.   And the mechanism
must be plausible.  Without a mechanism the numerical correlation-no matter
how large-is of limited value.

A large numerical correlation only suggests where to look for a mechanism.
 But, you knew  you wanted to find a connection between a frozen shoulder
and PD before you started the survey.

Baldwin, 63/4
8x25/100 carbi/levo-dopa,  5 mg Eldepryl per day