Romona, you are unbelievable! just that you would take time away from your
own "challenges" to help others, is wonderful.  The biggest problem with "the
world" is that too many people only think of themselves and their own frame
of reference. They cannot imagine how it is to be on the other side of the
counter, so to speak.
You want a wheelchair fixed so your child can be as comfortable as possible,
and they are probably thinking of dollar signs, and how early they can get
off work, if they stick the chair in the back room, and wait a few days
before they even order parts.
The doctors are thinking of things like vacation-seminar packages, where they
attend a one hour seminar and play golf for two weeks in Hawaii, or where to
get their Mercedes waxed, or how many unneeded tests they can order to beef
up the bill, to pay for these perks.  In all fairness, I remember  doctors,
 like Doc Charlie, for example, who CARE about the patients, and WORRY about
them, not like little green dollar signs, but like people. My father is alive
41 years later because our "family doctor" cared, and was there when we
needed him.  He had a Dodge, not a Mercedes, or even a Cadillac, he had his
wife as his assistant, nurse, bookkeeper, etc. He even made housecalls in an
emergency!  Hopefully there are many other doctors who have the same
qualities, as Doctor Charlie, and Dr Cytrin, but "managed (MIS-managed?)
care" is going to try to make THEM into cold hearted money mongers too, if
they allow it to happen!  Please don't think I want doctors, wheel chair
mechanics, or any of the folks we NEED to survive, to take a vow of poverty.
They should be rewarded for doing their job as profesionals and TRYING to do
the right thing, as if each patient/client, were their friend, not just a
faceless, complaining, time-wasting twit with a check book, or an insurance
card in hand!  P.S., Dr Cytrin would be upset if the PATIENT was not on time,
as he spaced visits to allow plenty of time to LISTEN and make NOTES. I would
venture to say he NEVER got sued in his career as a doctor!  Maybe there is a
lesson there?
Ken B