Hello to everyone on the list.

I am a former member of this list returned.  For quite a time these
conversations were utterly useful and I was grateful for this forum.  I left
after awhile just to give my mailbox a rest.  However now I return with new
necessity so I'll reintroduce myself saying once again how glad I am to have
this resource available.

I am 55 years old and have had PD since age 35.  It has been a slowly
progressive version which has ennabled me to adapt and retrain body memory
over time in such a way that I could regain many of  my losses of function.
 With the help of medication I have been able to function pretty much
normally  in my life.

However in 1994, a severe attack of pain in my hip innitiated  a process that
I am still living out.  Deterioration in my hip joint led to a total hip
replacement, which began dislocating two months later, and had to be revised
3 months later.  The revised joint captured the ball in the socket so that it
couldn't fall out.  As a consequence, it took three years for the dislocation
to begin occuring in the form of pulling the socket away from the bone.  This
past August intense pain led to another revision with a five-screw  insertion
of a new socket which, within weeks began to dislocate.  At present I am
scheduled for a revision this coming week which will include an acetabular
ring, I believe.

My experience with this problem has been that no one understands the dangers
until they have already occurred, so that we keep haviing to learn from
mistakes rather than the experience of others.  My participation in this
forum the last time, turned up one or two people who had had hip
replacements, and the literature has nearly nothing.  I find nothing current
on the internet.  The problem has to do with the erratic firing of PD neurons
and the unpredictable muscle changes that result.  Things that appear stable
on the surface on inherently unstable.

Somehow there must be some way to systematically understand this combination
of problems to prevent the repetition of this carnival of errors.

Therefore, I want to ask all of you if there is anyone with a similar
experience on this flist, or that you might know.

Any input would be great.

                                      Thanks to all of you.
                                       Claudia Elliott
                                        Chicago, Ill.