The computer has slowly changed my life  for tne better...My husband used
to  download these letters for me.  I enjoyed  them but  sometimes they were
a week old and I did not know  how to respond. One day I typed a letter on
word perfect and he sent it that evening, for one week we received replies.
I could not answer them; he was giving me that NO look.

   This summer my daughter who is 13 showed me how to get the letters each
day. That entertained me while she was at camp. Soon I wanted more.

    When she returned we began talking on the  chat line.  This was fun
for awhile but I wanted to talk without her. I needed  privacy.

On Sept.2 my  54th birthday my husband got me a computer with windows 95..He
set it up in our bedroom. I am making great progress because today I am
witing a complaint.

   The reason I love the chat line is it is  the only place I have found
in the 10 years that I have had PD where people  accept me. We laugh at each
other, encourage each other. We have never met yet there is a closeness
that is  very special. I know if I have had a  bad day it's allright to be a
litle bitchy. That's the mood I was in the other night when I  found myself
in a private chat room with another member. I was being told the gospel.  I
listened; I  know she meant well.

   I have had the same conversation many times. The decision that I have
made is personal. If I was looking for spiritual answers  I would brose the
net. This was  not the place.  I  no longer feel that  the chat line is  a
place where I can  relax. That is not right.

Ruth Spielberger