^^^^^^GREETINGS  FROM^^^^^^^^^^
Ivan Suzman  47/10   [log in to unmask]
Portland, Maine   land of lighthouses  40  deg. Fstorm warning but sky is
clear
Hello everyone,  and especially Barbara Patterson,  Marvin and Kristen
Giles, Arthur Hirsch, Sonia of Denmark.......

  When Arthur HIrsch wrote us  on 10/18 about the 30 or so PWP's and CG's
in the #parkinsons Chatroom,  whose PICTURES are on the world wide web, a
PICTURE idea for all of us on this List hit me, that I wanted to share.
But first, just a quick word about my Support Group, that met today.

   I just got in from the monthly meeting of the Greater Portland
Parkinson's Support Group.  It was great---we had a physical therapist
showing us how to STRETCH.  She was very funny and had a great attitude.
If we only had a video camera it would have been an award-winner...at one
point she had all of  us with our arms outstretched and extended
outwards,, like a "Y" in the alphabet,  and I wanted to sing " -M-C-A"
(Does anybody out there know the song I'm talking about?)....I was 20
years younger than just about everybody. I used to feel so depressed
about being in my 30's with PD, but now, when I'm at the Group,.  it
makes me feel privileged to be around all that "age-enhanced"
wisdom.......and those smiling faces help me to cope.....and feel less
alone.  Now, back to the PICTURES idea....

  So anyway, I want to thank Marvin and Kristen Giles for creating the
nifty Parkinson's Friends  PICTURE site on the web.  What I am thinking
is that there must be some way that some smart programmer (that's NOT me)
could input our PICTURES  into the Parkinson's List, so that at the top
of each of our e-mail posts, our PICTURE would show, each one maybe about
the size of a postage stamp.

   Maybe we could either send a PICTURE by scanner, or  even by surface
mail,to Barbara Patterson in Canada, or to whoever would collect the
pictures.  Wouldn't it be INTRIGUING to see each other's faces at the top
of the messages we send one another?

   I kind of imagine that everybody would feel more like a family.

   Incidentally,  I saw  Sonia of Denmark for the first time at the
Parkinson's Friends web site while "Here Comes the Sun" came over the
speaker--it was REALLY a TREAT!----she's the Lioness--and now I know more
about why she created the Aarhus zoo idea,  earlier this year.  Hi,
Sonia!

  I'll close for now, hoping that this idea can really come to life...

Ivan Suzman  47/10
Portland, Maine