Ruth, I would suggest being honest with the person who turned you off, and
not be soured on the whole internet experience. You'll be losing too much.
 To me religion is personal, I will listen to anything, but I am happy with
what I have, Judaism, and no one will ever be able to change my beliefs. Most
people who preach their religion are doing what they were trained to do, not
trying to lose friends.  I have a friend who is a Catholic Priest, for
example, he knows I am not going to convert, but we have had some good laughs
together.  Enjoy the diversity, but you can still be true to your own
beliefs, that should not bother anyone who is a true friend. Ken B