I have followed the postings of those who have started Mirapex, and now
my dad's nero would like to start him. Before doing so I would like your
collective good wisdom to put together a list of questions to ask the
doc before we use him as a guinea pig. A little background info: Dad is
80, has had PD for 10+ years. He is on .25 permax, 1 1/2 - 3 times a day,
sinemet 25/250  3 times a day. He has no tremor, major problem is inability
to speak, major swallowing problems(he has had a PEG tube for 1+ years now),
and lots of drooling. He has no dementia and no depression. My concern
with starting a new drug is that he has never been very cognizant of changes
in his body.  If you ask him how he feels he always says fine. My mother,
his CG, does not handle any change in the routine well. I'm 60 miles away.
She is not the type who could adjust medication as needed.  She just does
what the doc says.  The neuro is good, but he is also the "Einstein" type
and starts to glaze over when I quiz him. So I want to fax him my questions
in advance of talking to him. Thanks in advance for your help.
Marcia