---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 14:31:38 -0400
From: Tatar, Leslie <[log in to unmask]>
To: 'Barbara Patterson' <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: RE: Welcome

Hi Barbara,

Nice to "meet" you ...

My father was diagnosed with PD about five years ago (when he was 45).
He is doing pretty good so far, but I think he could improve his
attitude somewhat.  And, I think he would feel a lot better if he ate
better, exercised more, and slept more.  I have tried to encourage him
to do all these things, but he is a pretty stubborn person.  The main
thing I am concerned with is his weight loss.  Over the last several
years, he has gone from 200 to about 160.  He has tried several of the
high calorie drinks, but nothing seems to work.  (He often forgets to
drink the drinks, or he'll drink the drink but then won't be hungry for
the next meal.)  And, his weight has not stabilized; he continues to
lose weight.  Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Leslie