Friends:

Here's an update on my exciting plans for brain surgery:

Today, I spent three hours at Houston's Herman Hospital in the "OFF" state
(Translation: Not a friggin' thing works) so my doctor could complete a
physical evaluation. He videotaped me:
       *  NOT walking down a long hall
       *  NOT writing my name
       *  Performing my impression of a human pretzel.

Next Monday, I go back to Herman for a psychological evaluation. All the
neurologists, surgeons, psychologists, MRI technicians and orderlies then
have a big meeting to compare notes and decide if I really need an operation.

Finally, the biggest test of all. Somewhere in Oklahoma, a nurse working for
the Humongous Consolidated Insurance Denial Corp. --- who probably can't even
spell "Pallidotomy" --- decides whether or not I have brain surgery.

REALITY: If everyone agrees that I would live a much happier life by
regaining some control over my Parkinsonian body, they will perform the
operation Friday morning,. November 21 at Herman Hospital.

In the meantime, I plan to stay busy and keep my mind off the subject by
writing another humorous novel

Stan
281-933-4004