Researchers at Columbia University are conducting a research project on the
inheritance factors of Parkinson's Disease.  Their goal is to find a gene or
genes which will help discover the causes of Parkinson's disease and give
better clues on how to treat the condition.

We are looking for families with TWO OR MORE LIVING RELATIVES who have
Parkinson's.  Responsibilities of participants will include sending us copies
of medical records; donating a blood sample; and perhaps being videotaped and
examined by a neurologist.  In addition, we will need help your help in
identifying and contacting your relatives.

If you are interested, please contact our study coordinator as follows:  Lisa
Orvis, M.S.; c/o The Neurological Institute, 710 West 168th Street (Box 26),
New York, New York 10032.  (Her telephone is 212-305-5779; e-mail is

We look forward to hearing from you!  robin elliott (exec dir, PDF)