Rae I too have been wondering about the silemce on tolcapone.  Is it
because it is not approved here so not many in US are taking it.
I am 68/12, have been on tolcapone 6 weeks.  Saw my neuro yesterday.  He
want me to increase to the 200mg tablets 3x a day - I have been able to
cutthe sinamet I.m taking to 1 and 1/2 25/100 instead of the 6-8 I was
taking. I notice a slow period bradykinesia in afternoon hence the
increase in tolcapone to perhaps cause more sinamet to be accepted by the
brain.
On the down side last week I developed the side effect of diahrhea (sp),
flatulence etc you describe.  This was three weeks after starting tolcapone.
Dr. Koller said this is the norm after u take it for awhile.  He had no
explanation - said the company had spent a lot of money researching it
but no answer so far.
I will have to decide if the benefits outweigh this inconvenience (g) -
so far yes.
Would like to hear from more. BTW I got your message 4times so it did go
thru to me at least.

Rosemary Paul
Community Services  x3919