Hi Camilla,

About 6 years ago, I had to take several courses of Trimethoprim within the
year. Half way through the last course I developed a massive reaction
similar to that which Peter is having, but very much more sudden and
pronounced. I had become allergic to it and therefore can no longer take it.
I was on a weeks course at the time (250mg 4 times daily?) so the dosage
would have been much higher than that which Peter is taking. The lower
dosage that Peter is on may be allowing the allergy to creep up on him. I
would imagine that a consultation with his doctor and temporary switch to
another antibiotic may well be advisable so as to prove or eliminate it as
the cause.

Best of luck on the ReQuip, I do hope it will be good for him.  I shall be
watching and hoping for good news from you.

>Peter has been experiencing a new symptom of *something* for the past
>3 weeks....a rash that appears on his arms (in the elbow area) and later
>on his hips, and seems to be spreading. In fact, I first noticed a big
>reddish/itchy/bumpy area on the top of his head, which the internist thought
>might be related to blepharitis.  Lots iof itching/scratching going on here,
>folks, and it isn't getting better.

>He takes Sinemet ,Prozac, Trimethoprim(antibiotic for bladder infections),
>Lactulose, Propulsid, Florinef, & vitamin C.

Ernie.
Ernie Peters <[log in to unmask]>