Brian, Yen and others,

Under the microscope there is no apparent brain damage from sinemet.
Nonetheless,  I would assume there are some brain changes at the
receptor sites at least on the molecular level since long term sinemet
induces dyskinesia.   Therefore it would be assumed that it induces a
change which might be classified as brain damage.  From the practical
standpoint Yen these days PWP usually start off taking a dopamine
agonist such as mirapex (pramipexole),  bromocryptine or pergolide to
start starting sinemet only if the agonist doesn't relieve symptoms
thereby delaying the use of and then hopefully the dyskinesia which is
induced by sinemet.

Charlie

--

CHARLES T. MEYER, M.D.