Rosemary Paul wrote:

> Rae I too have been wondering about the silemce on tolcapone.  Is it
> because it is not approved here so not many in US are taking it.
> I am 68/12, have been on tolcapone 6 weeks.  Saw my neuro yesterday.  He
> want me to increase to the 200mg tablets 3x a day - I have been able to
> cutthe sinamet I.m taking to 1 and 1/2 25/100 instead of the 6-8 I was
> taking. I notice a slow period bradykinesia in afternoon hence the
> increase in tolcapone to perhaps cause more sinamet to be accepted by the
> brain.
> On the down side last week I developed the side effect of diahrhea (sp),
> flatulence etc you describe.  This was three weeks after starting tolcapone.
> Dr. Koller said this is the norm after u take it for awhile.  He had no
> explanation - said the company had spent a lot of money researching it
> but no answer so far.
> I will have to decide if the benefits outweigh this inconvenience (g) -
> so far yes.
> Would like to hear from more. BTW I got your message 4times so it did go
> thru to me at least.

> Rosemary Paul
> Community Services  x3919
> *****************************************************Rosemary - I tried to reply to your Tasmar msg last week but think I was
unsuccessful.  I queried why you stopped taking Permax as I understood
you could take Tasmar with all existing meds.  Also I know a side effect
of Parlodel is constipation and as Permax is in the same drug family as
Parlodel was wondering if this might counterract the diarrhea problem -
just a thought.

Yes I did have deep brain stimulation - am still trying to sort out
frequency levels - would not recommend it until further research is
done.

Kind regards

Peter Dawkins