Hi again Camilla and Peter,

Just a quick addition to my previous comment on Peter's rash.  The standard
treatment for serious allergic reaction to an antibiotic is some form of
antihistamin.  I was so bad with my reaction that there was some concern
that my air passages might become blocked.  I was therefore prescribed
double dose Triludan.  This returned me to normal within 24-36 hours.

However, since then, I have heard reports that Triludan may trigger heart
problems when taken with antibiotics so it would appear that it should be
avoided as treatment for antibiotic allergic reactons. DO check that one out
with Peter's doctor if it comes to it.  The most important thing is to find
the drug causing the problem in case it gets worse.

The 3 antibiotics which I have been switched to as replacements for
Trimethoprim, are Cephradine, Nitrofurantoin and Ampicillin.

Good luck and keep us informed.

Ernie.
Ernie Peters <[log in to unmask]>