I'm sorry to hear about the effects of the gang fight you were in.  I  have
been diagnosed for only 3 years and have been on this List for 2 1/2 so
there are far more "experienced" people here than me, but Muhammad Ali is
the only other person I've ever even heard about who it's widely believed
got it from head trauma.  I don't recall any of the other 1,500 or so
members of this List saying trauma may have been the cause, but then only a
couple of hundred participants, I would guess, ever post.  So they could be
out there.  Maybe someone out there knows something about Ali and his
treatment or how Tom could contact someone close to him, his doctors even.
I don't even know where he lives.

You might want to stay on this List in any case, though.   I've learned
about 99% of what I know about PD here - and if you definitely have PD, you
 have PD and I don't know that it matters how you got it.  Ali has been
active recently with some of the PD associations helping with publicity,
Perhaps someone there know what his treatment is.

BBA (51, 3+)