Barb asks:

>Amongst our Mirapex users, has anyone found that shortly after starting the
>drug they developed continuous pain in their hip joints (or any other joints?)

Barb,

I didn't have hip problems, but I did experience fairly serious pain in my
arms (wrists, forearms, hands). Also a lot of pain in my neck (okay, I know
this is a set-up, but I'm serious). I stopped Mirapex about 3 weeks ago
after reaching a 2.25 mgs/day dose, and I'm very glad I did. It just didn't
work out for me.

I believe the problem for me was that I couldn't take enough sinemet to
correct rigidity in my hands,forearms, and neck without launching into
totally off-the-planet dyskinesia. Also it affected my mood in ways I didn't
like, and was a SERIOUS sleep-destroyer for me.

So I am returned to a normally-abnormal condition. I have three friends here
in Tucson using it, one attributes a car-wreck to same untreated rigidity
condition. The other two say they are doing great.

Kathie Tollifson