Thanks Arlene.... Actually, I've taken Lysine - 2000 mgs or ICUs <can't
remember which it's measured by> a day when I had the canker sores in
my mouth and 1000 mgs/ICUs a day as a preventative.  I took the stuff off
and on for 'bout a hundred years or so <smile> as a palliative for the canker
sores that I used to get a dozen or more at a time (many, many years ago)

Once I began taking that 1000 mg/ICU "maintenance dose" of Lysine
every day I just stopped getting the darn things entirely after a while
(YEA!!!)

Since I was taking the Lysine for something other than nausea (which I
wasn't bothered by way back then, in those pre-PD-drugs-years) I never thought
to see if the Lysine worked on other things besides the canker sores.

Darn!  A research opportunity missed!  Oh well... I was a lot more innocent
about the overall effect of drugs on a neurological condition in those days -
It wouldn't have occurred to me to log the information then as I do now.

Thanks again..

Barb Mallut