Greetings from your new Inkshed editors, and apologies for our resounding
silence about upcoming newsletters.  As one of the editors, I've volunteered
to send out the following important newsflashes:

3 ISSUES A YEAR NOW!

Much busywork has occurred behind the scenes over the last 2-3 months as
we've been getting ourselves and other things organized.  One of the things
we've decided is to cut down the number of mailed-out issues per year to a
total of
3:  these would come out in November (sort of), February-March, and
June-ish.  (Note, please, how subtly we fudge these dates.  We need a bit
of elbow-room
for things like mail strikes, sick children, system outages, etc.)

ABOUT THE NOV. ISSUE

In October, Janice Freeman, Sandy Baardman, Barry Nolan, Laura Atkinson,
Pat Sadowy, and I met to discuss ideas for upcoming issues and ways to
twist peoples' arms to contribute. The next issue (your new editors'
first newsletter) will focus on the MOO-session held as part of Inkshed
14 last May; we'll include part of the transcript as well as comments
and reactions from people who were "there," both physically and
virtually. We'll also print the call for papers for Inkshed 15.

A SHAMELESSLY OPEN REQUEST

To Russ, Marcy, Doug Brent, and anyone else who participated in the MOO--
we'd *really* appreciate a brief note on your reactions (if you can
remember them) sometime during this week if you can manage it.  Our e-mail
addresses
are below.

IN CASE OF A MAIL STRIKE!

We will prepare a web-edition of the Nov. newsletter as well as a print
edition.  If a strike occurs and looks as if it'll last through Nov., we'll
publish the Nov. Inkshed newsletter on the web, at an address to be
announced.

FOREVER ON-LINE?

We are also investigating regularly putting issues on the Web, possibly
adding one wholly on-line and/or hypertext issue per year. Consider this
an open invitation for all interested CASLL members.to submit ideas,
comments, and cool stuff; see e-mail addresses below.

THE NEXT ISSUE AFTER _THIS_ NEXT ISSUE

Finally, just to let you know that the Feb-Mar. issue will focus on
ways in which Canadian universities are implementing, or experimenting
with, writing across disciplines:  through coursework, research, writing
centres, on-line teaching. . .?

E-MAIL ADDRESSES

Please send any material or ideas for the Nov. and/or Feb-Mar issues
either to me ([log in to unmask])
or to Janice ([log in to unmask])

Thanks to all for your patience and understanding!

Amanda Goldrick-Jones . . . . . . University of Winnipeg
Secretary-Treasurer, Cdn. Assoc. of Teachers of Technical
Writing (CATTW/ACPRTS). . . . . . [log in to unmask]
Phone: 204-786-9453 . . . . . . . Fax:  204-774-4134
http://www.uwinnipeg.ca/~caw/amanda.htm