I just received a letter from Marty Nystrand and Deb Brandt at
Wisconsin asking me to pass on a notice of a couple of positions.  I
think it's more likely to be useful to people who read CASLL than
anybody I'm likely to see around here . . . if you are, or know of
someone who's likely to be, interested in what looks to me like a
potentially wonderful position, this is for you.  Here's some of what
they say:

   One position, for a tenure-track assistant professor unless
   qualifications warrant appointment (with tenure) at a higher
   rank, is for Director of the Department of English's first-year
   writing program.  This person will have administrative skills, a
   strong publishing record, and an active research program.  The
   second position is for a tenure-track assistant professor, who, in
   addition to teaching and research, will assist in other
   undergraduate writing initiatives.  We are particularly interested
   in hiring individuals, in either position, with an active research
   program in rhetoric, writng and learning, writing in the
   disciplines, or second language writing.

The person would also have the opportunity, I assume, of working with
Marty and Deb -- a genuine gold-plated opportunity, I'd say.

I plan to scan the rest of the letter in tomorrow and if anybody
would like to know more you can write me (off line) and I'll send it
along.   Or you can write Martin Nystrand at [log in to unmask]
or Deborah Brandt at [log in to unmask]

                                        -- Russ

                                __|~_
Russell A. Hunt            __|~_)_ __)_|~_           Aquinas Chair
St. Thomas University      )_ __)_|_)__ __)  PHONE: (506) 452-0424
Fredericton, New Brunswick   |  )____) |       FAX: (506) 450-9615
E3B 5G3   CANADA          ___|____|____|____/    [log in to unmask]
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~ http://www.StThomasU.ca/hunt/ ~~~~~~~~~~~~