Does anyone have any suggestions for sources, in any format, regarding the
medieval university position of clavigerius/clavigerii?  What I know is
that this office of "keyholder" was held simultaneously by (usually) three
persons, each of whom had a different key to the chest of the university,
which could only be opened when all clavigerii were present.  I have
checked through the indexes and sampled the text of what I believe to be
standard sources (e.g. Rashdall) without success, but I may have missed
something, and our holdings in this area are somewhat limited.

Sources checked with minor success:
Dictionary of the Middle Ages
The Medieval University: 1200-1400 by Lowrie Daly

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Tony Amodeo
Loyola Marymount University
Los Angeles