It has been suggested by Barbara Patterson that I introduce myself  as a
new member of the Parkinson's Information Exchange and at the same time
ask for feedback on any queries.  Until September '96 I was executive
director in Ottawa of an association serving the higher education
community.  Prior to that I had a career in public accounting,
management consulting, and University administration and teaching.  Near
the beginning of '96 my health seemed to suddenly fail me, and  by June
I left work after being diagnosed with three problems, namely diabetes,
angina and parkinson's.
        My condition has improved somewhat, with concerns now for a tremor in
my left hand and jaw and a slight limp on the left leg.  (I am taking
Sinemet with each meal as prescribed by my neurologist who is attached
to the Ottawa Civic Hospital.)  I am also an active member of the
Parkinson's Society of Ottawa-Carleton including the appointment
recently to their Board of Directors.  This group provides valuable
services such as physiotherapy programs, speech groups and a useful
lending library.
        My main question is one which has already been posed by Joao Paulo de
Carvalho on Friday this week  on the subject of TREMORS AND NEW DRUGS.
With  the recent news of new drugs approved for use in Canada, any
feedback of their usefulness in control of tremors would be of
interest.  Hope to hear further on this topic.