I was born and raised right here in Los Angeles where I continue to live
today.  In a city this size - 7 or 8  million people - though I was part of
one of the largest high school graduating classes in the city (we were the
first of the "baby boomers," and there was 1200+ in our graduating class), in
the many years since my graduation from University High School, I've never run
into anyone else from my graduating class.

Last evening, members of my PD support group (the San Fernando Valley group)
got together another PD support group to have dinner and a social evening out
together.   This was the second time we've met like this, and over a dozen
people had a very enjoyable evening.  One couple from the other group even
drove an hour to get to the restaurant on order to join in the fun.

While chatting, we ended up discussing where we'd each gone to high school.
Imagine my surprise when the fella from the other group said that HE had
graduated from University High School.   We were even more surprised to find
we had graduated TOGETHER in the spring Class of 1960 and that we'd not known
each other at all during the three years we'd gone to school together.  Tho
with a such a huge class, it's not that surprising that we hung 'round with
different groups of friends and our paths never crossed.

We all joked about was "obviously" there was "something in the water" at
UniHi, 'cause here was 2 people who were there at the same  time with the same
crummy disease in later life.

I've been thinking about that and wonder if any research has been done within
a limited group such as a high school or college graduating class to see the
numbers of individuals having various diseases, i.e., how make people have had
cancer, how many have had heart disease, diabetes, MS, lupus, etc. and of
course, how many have had Parkinson's Disease.

I wonder if there's been any demographic studies done in any country, or state
of a large group of individuals who grew up in the same area, attended the
same schools, to see what the breakdown of diseases amongst them was and what
the ratio of people having each specific disease was.

Does anyone of ya know if this type of study HAS been done and if so, what the
results were?

Heck - maybe it WAS the water! <rueful smile>

Barb Mallut