Charlie Meyer wrote:

> Brian,
>
> I think the jury is still out.  It makes sense to me that given an
> unknown one should try agonists first but not delay l-dopa if there is
> significant disability. Do you have data that there is no difference in
> the onset of dyskinesia regardless of when someone starts l-dopa?
>
> Charlie

Brian, I would like to add my voice to Charlie's, particularily as every
neurologist I speak with belongs to the "start levodopa as late as
possible"
school of thought. It is entirely possible that your point of view will
prove to
be correct but as Charlie remarks the jury is still out.  Whilst the debate
is in progress refering to one side of it as "that nonsense" introduces an
emotional
element which is less than helpfull. I was also surprised that you, of all
people,
should introduce it, especially considering your recent complaint that the
selegiline debate became to personal.

I look forward to reading your data reference onset times for dyskinesia.

Dennis.

Dennis Greene 48/10
http://members.networx.net.au/~dennisg/