----------
> Fra: AJCWEP <[log in to unmask]>
> Til: Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN <[log in to unmask]>
> Emne: Re: introduction/head injury
> Dato: 1. november 1997 20:48
>
> You're probably not the only ones.  I remember early on in my husband's
> diagnosis he was involved in a car accident just a few weeks before he
> developed his hand tremor.  He was not seriously hurt but experienced
some
> pain in his neck and head--no hospitalization or anything.  We actually
even
> thought ourselves that it was some residual reaction to the accident but
then
> his doctor said that wasn't the case.  We were told that a lot of people
who
> have pd attribute it to a head trauma of some sort.  In particular were a
few
> husband/wife combos who swear they came down with it after a car
accident.
> I do agree that we must look forward but it's just as important to look
behind
> and see if we can come up with a common cause because if we can get at
the
> source perhaps a real cure will not be far behind.  Just how long did it
take
> to connect malaria with mosquito bites?

Hello from Denmark,
I was dx 4 years ago, and like you and many other PD I`m convinsed that one
of the reasons -why we devellop PD- CAN be a traume (my husband died 10
years ago from a stroke 51 years old - and ONE year after I started  to
have problems with my right leg).

I know when PD - symtoms start we have lost a lot of celles.
I have often discussed it with my two neurologist, and I`m told from both
that it can be possible, because as long as we don`t know the reason why we
devellop PD - everything can be the reason.

I know several people on the list who will NOT agree. :-)
Sorry I don`t know anything about malaria.

Best wishes
Sonia Nielsen
Denmark

NEVER GIVE UP