HI Barb,
I know there have been research on the Isles of Faroe, BECAUSE there is a
big consentration with PD in proportion to the numbers of inhabitants - and
perhaps Iceland too.
I was told a couple of weeks ago by our local chairman, that Japan is the
country in the world where there are most pwp..
I`ll try to find some material about this research.
I can tell you, that there has been much research about Diss. sclherosis
here in Denmark, because in a little village here in Juland,Denmark no less
than 7 (seven) younger people have the diseace. It has been discussed if
there something wrong with the underground. It`s a  very exciting subject.
Good luck
Sonia

NEVER GIVE UP
----------
> Fra: Barbara Mallut <[log in to unmask]>
> Til: Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN <[log in to unmask]>
> Emne: PD Oddity & a Question
> Dato: 3. november 1997 00:00
>
> I was born and raised right here in Los Angeles where I continue to live
> today.  In a city this size - 7 or 8  million people - though I was part
of
> one of the largest high school graduating classes in the city (we were
the
> first of the "baby boomers," and there was 1200+ in our graduating
class), in
> the many years since my graduation from University High School, I've
never run
> into anyone else from my graduating class.
>
> Last evening, members of my PD support group (the San Fernando Valley
group)
> got together another PD support group to have dinner and a social evening
out
> together.   This was the second time we've met like this, and over a
dozen
> people had a very enjoyable evening.  One couple from the other group
even
> drove an hour to get to the restaurant on order to join in the fun.
>
> While chatting, we ended up discussing where we'd each gone to high
school.
> Imagine my surprise when the fella from the other group said that HE had
> graduated from University High School.   We were even more surprised to
find
> we had graduated TOGETHER in the spring Class of 1960 and that we'd not
known
> each other at all during the three years we'd gone to school together.
Tho