janet paterson wrote:

> welcome to the cyber-family, tom!
>
> you wrote:
> >Let me introduce myself. I am a police officer with over
> >30 years of service. I was involved in a gang fight and
> >injured on duty. since the head injury I have developed
> >parkinsons disease whhich was only recently diagnosed.
> >I am still on duty and looking toward retirement. I am
> >looking for information concerning head trauma and PD.
> >If you can help me or point me in the right direction
> >it would be greatly appriciated.
>
> i have always suspected
> that either a head trauma or an exposure to pesticide [or both]
> contributed to or caused my pd
>
> the trauma/exposure took place in 1981
> i noticed the first symptoms in 1985
> i was diagnosed with pd in 1988
>
> my symptoms are rigidity and bradykinesia;
> virtually no tremour,
> [except when undergoing extreme stress or extreme emotion];
> no 'pd mask' face;
> no constipation;
> no difficulty speaking;
> no difficulty swallowing
>
> although i am infamous for hunting and digging out information on pd
> i am now amazed to realize
> that i have never done any 'digging' in re head trauma/pd
> but now that you have rattled my cage
> i will!
>
> i am interested to know the chronology of your trauma/diagnosis
>
> your cyber-sibling in brain chemistry
>
> janet
>
> ps
> our 'signature lines' indicate age/number of years since diagnosis
> i have also added the ingredients of my current med 'cocktail'
>
> janet paterson - 50/9 - sinemet/selegiline/prozac - [log in to unmask]

tom luttrell-52/1

janet thanks for your help and interest.  i am a police officer, a
commander of field operations.  i am in charge of all patrol and
investigative services for my agency, the tulare police department,
tulare, ca.  we have 50 sworn officers and the population of my city is
over 40,000.  in 1993 i was involved in a gang fight where i was
assaulted by a number of subjects who were trying to beat another
subject. i was hit, kicked and struck with a bat during the fight(which
i lost).  since that time i have developed a number of pd symptoms
including sleep disorders, stiffness, cramps, tremor, handwriting,
speech, depression.  prior to the fight i had little medical problems, i
had recently passed a flight physical and had passed a city physical
just four days prior to the fight.  at the time i was 48 yrs old, i took
the symptoms to mean i was geting just getting older.  about a year ago
i was diagnosed with pd.  i am now 52 yrs. old.  i am looking for
information to research to cause of my pd.  hope you can help...
tom luttrell   52/1  ([log in to unmask])