I have been reading the posts on Mirapex and, of course, those on Sinemet.
 As a member of the experimental group on Ropinerole (Requip) for 3+ years, I
can say that none of those problems have afflicted me.  Requip has been a
wonderful drug for me and I encourage all of you to discuss it with your
neuro.  As I have noted before, there is the school of thought that maintains
that Sinemet overworks the substantia nigra (sp?) until it finally loses the
last 20% of its existence and then the problems of on/off begin because there
is no natural source for dopamine.  The theory is that the agonists do not do
this and allow you to retain enough dopamine producing sources so as to avoid
on/off.  True?  I don't know.  But I do know that I have had none of the
on/off problems to date and am still viewed as mild -- although the disease
marches on inexorably for all of us (drooling now}.  In any event, I vote for
Requip.  [log in to unmask] (Lararmie, Wyo.)