Joy, my dad 80/10 has had a peg tube for 1+ years now and is doing very
well. His came as a result of aspiration and pneumonia. His swallowing
problems, great difficulty in eating,had been going on for almost 2
years prior. His weight dropped below 100 pounds. He has now regained all
the lost weight. My mom feeds him Carnation Instant Breakfast twice a day
with his meds crushed up in it, and then at night he is hooked up to
a prescription, continual feed called Jevity, which Medicare pays for.
It has worked well for them. Dad has no dementia or depression, so this
wasn't a case of prolonging a life not worth living anymore. Hope this
helps. Marcia