On Mon, 3 Nov 1997, Barbara Mallut wrote:

> commented that he thought he was having audio hallucinations.
>
> It seems that in the last coupla-three weeks, very late at nite, he's been
> hearing what he thinks is someone outside his home walking around the

> never seen anyone do this, but it's SO real to him that he HAS called the
> police and assorted neighbors.
>
> He has been on Sinemet and Permax for some time and asked his neuro if they
> could possibly cause audio hallucinations, and got a vague non-answer from the
>
> This fella is REALLY frightened so I told him I'd query the List members to
> see if anyone here knows if Sinemet or Permax is known to cause audio
> hallucinations....

Unless his medication is causing this condition, suggest what he needs is
the services of a dog to prove to himself and others it is not the case.

We have a schnauzer named, Toby, who alerts us to any movement or sound in
and around our residence. Since I have a slight hearing loss, along with a
case of tinnitus, his services are much appreciated whenever Gene is not
around.

Klara N.