Dear Tom!

Sorry to hear about the injury on duty!

It is possible that Parkinson's Disease can follow head injury, if
substantia nigra, a part of the brain where dopamin are produced, is
injured.
I found articals about the subject on pubmed's medline, an easy to use
medical database.

With Yahoo, search for: pubmed medline

In pubmed's medline search for: parkinson accidental cerebral
I think you find one artical. The press the button: find similar
articals (or something like that).
More then 100 articals will appair, but most of them are not
interesting, but some are! If you need help with the professional
medical languge, just ask me or the list! I ffound an interesting case
from 1985.

On pubmed's medline also search for:parkinson head injury

Try to search other words from your hospital record.

I am a male hospital nurse/perfusionist living in Copenhagen on medical
treatment for PD for 18 months. I did also try to find the reason to my
PD; but could not find anything. And even if you find a reason it might
be very dificult to prove a connection to Parkinson's disease. In stead
of looking backwards, I try to look forvard to find new possibilities
with my life. But it is important to find out as much as possible about
you parkinson, it is something we all have done, before we started to
look forvard.

I wish you welcome to the list and all the best for the future.
If you think I can help, please ask!

Hallvard, a norwegian living in Copenhagen, Denmark :)

(I did not check the spelling, so hope you understand)