Well, m'friends, I've been on Mirapex for over 2 months, and while there was
one very noticeable benefit - less of the grinding fatigue I had suffered from
nearly every day - the side effects from just a 1/2  of a 0.25 mg tablet taken
3 times daily were unbearable - AND unnecessary for me to live with.

While I've certainly had PD symptoms since my unilateral pallidotomy 3 years
ago, dyskenesia, wasn't one of them.  Also, Sinemet worked for me  (except for
not stopping the fatigue) over the course of the average day with no "on and
off" times since the surgery.   I was always "on," tho did get a vague,
"antsy" feeling if too much time had passed since my last dose of Sinemet.

The longer I took the Mirapex (and experimented with both lower and
normal-for-me daily dose of that drug) the more dyskenesia I was getting from
late afternoon and into the evening, plus once again, I began having
"on/offs."

Do I NEED this?  Nope!  So today I've stopped taking any Mirapex.

Adios Mirapex... hello again, profound fatigue <groan>  WHAT a miserable
choice to have to make!

Barb Mallut