At 06:13 PM 11/4/97 -0500, you wrote:
> iwould like to here from any one that had the opp. so i can if you don't
>mind if i print it out for our support group by 10am thur. 6th   i thank you

  Hope this isn't too late.
        Gordon had first pallidotomy 11-20-94 at Oregon Health Sciences
University, Portland, Dr. Kim Burchiel. His tremors were terrible, on both
sides, he was definitely over-dosing himself on sinemet and we had tried the
liquid method. this surgery was an instand medical miracle.
        Besides Gordon finding it "absolutely Fascinating", 5 hours later he
was feeding himself lunch in the ICU and demanding that they page me!(I had
gone out to lunch, too).
        This was for the right side tremors. We stayed in Portland
over-night and returned to Mt. Shasta two days later. We both agree there is
an instant adrenaline push, but it does take a while to recover from all
this. You have had brain surgery, even if you have one stitch only to show
for it.
        Second pallidotomy for side was the next May, 95. Agin, a very good
result at first, but then some tremoring returned, but he was still better
off. He was using less sinemet, 12 or so 25/100.
Seeing the Doctor several months later, they determined they would like to
re-do the left side. They didn't like the tremor, they said, so in May 96
they did. They did an MRI and showed us the leision was not as pronounced as
the first and they should be the same.
        His left side is very steady, under stress his right will shake
some, but hs can tie flies, cast his fishing rod. We went to alaska twice
this year, a cruise and fishing in September. The fishing was two months
after he started Mirapex, but we would have gone, anyway!!
        For those that know the doctors, Dr. Favre did the last surgery and
fixed his toeing left foot. I think I can fix that foot for you he said and
he did! it just straightened up..
        So, for us, this was a miracle, truely, Gord does not think he would
be alive if Dr. Burchiel han't come into our lives.
        Contact us if we can help., Don.  regards, Thea and Gordon Seese
        [log in to unmask] net. Mt. Shasta, calif.