welcome to the cyber-family, tom!

you wrote:
>Let me introduce myself. I am a police officer with over
>30 years of service. I was involved in a gang fight and
>injured on duty. since the head injury I have developed
>parkinsons disease whhich was only recently diagnosed.
>I am still on duty and looking toward retirement. I am
>looking for information concerning head trauma and PD.
>If you can help me or point me in the right direction
>it would be greatly appriciated.

i have always suspected
that either a head trauma or an exposure to pesticide [or both]
contributed to or caused my pd

the trauma/exposure took place in 1981
i noticed the first symptoms in 1985
i was diagnosed with pd in 1988

my symptoms are rigidity and bradykinesia;
virtually no tremour,
[except when undergoing extreme stress or extreme emotion];
no 'pd mask' face;
no constipation;
no difficulty speaking;
no difficulty swallowing

although i am infamous for hunting and digging out information on pd
i am now amazed to realize
that i have never done any 'digging' in re head trauma/pd
but now that you have rattled my cage
i will!

i am interested to know the chronology of your trauma/diagnosis

your cyber-sibling in brain chemistry

janet

ps
our 'signature lines' indicate age/number of years since diagnosis
i have also added the ingredients of my current med 'cocktail'

janet paterson - 50/9 - sinemet/selegiline/prozac - [log in to unmask]