My name is Paul Albert and I am third year student at Acadia
University.  I am doing research on the leisure behaviors and
patterns of people afflicted with Parkinson's.

This survey will only take five minutes of your time.  To answer press
reply and include complete message.  If for any reason you do not feel
comfortable answering a question or it does not apply to you please
leave it blank.

Mail to the following e-mail address [log in to unmask]

Question 1:

What role do you feel leisure plays in your life?

Question 2:

Since you were diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease, has the amount of
time you spent at leisure generally: (check only one)

 ______ Increased
 ______ Decreased
 ______ Stayed the same

Question 3:

Please list your top 5 leisure pursuits.
 1-
 2-
 3-
 4-
 5-

Question 4:

Are there any leisure pursuits that you are no longer able to
participate in due to Parkinson's?

Are any of the following constraints and/or barriers affecting your
participation: (you may check more than one)

 _______        Lack of money
 _______        Lack of time
 _______        Transportation
 _______        Physical ability
 _______        Lack of knowledge
 _______        Lack of experience/skills
 _______        Lack of companions
 _______        No program opportunities
 _______        Internal pressure
 _______        External pressure
 _______        Lack of interest
 Other please specify:

Question 6:

When negotiating the above constraints do you: (you may check more
than one)
 ______ Choose an alternate activity
 ______ Ignore the problem
 ______ Try to be positive and have fun
 Other please specify:

Question 7:

Do you prefer to participate in leisure activities with: (check only
one)
 _______        People with PD
 _______        People without PD
 _______        Indifferent

Why is that your preference?

Question 9:

Where do you do you leisure activities/pursuits?

Question 10:

Do you feel that there is a need for more organized leisure
activities/programs in your community to meet the needs of people with
Parkinson's?

If so what recommendations would you give a recreation administrator?

Question 11:

How old are you?

Question 12:
(Sex)
 _______        Male            _______ Female

Question 13:

How long have you had Parkinson's?

I would like to thank you for filling out this survey and if there are
any other comments or questions you my contact me at

Thanks.