Have you tried looking in your yellow pages for a mental health facility or
major hospital which has a separate faciity to treat depression?  You could
also check the internet under "depression".  If you live in a major city or
have a major city nearby, call them to see if they have a "clinic" or seprate
hospital facility which does nothing but treat depression.....remember (and I
speak from experience) that if you don't care for the doctor, then find
another one.  I'm currently on 40 mg prozac....after going through at least 4
different medications trying to find one that would control my depression.  I
have major clinical depression and once prozac kicked in, I'm fine.

If your doctor wants to prescribe an MOA or tricyclic antidepressant, INSIST
on the current forms of anti-depressants...prozac, zoloft, etc.  MOA
anti-depressants require special diet because certain foods interfere/react
to the MOA.  Tricyclics, or at least the ones I'm familiar with like
"pamelor" (spelling?), biggest set back is weight gain...I gained 20 lbs on
pamelor and haven't been able to lose it yet.....and that was 2 years ago!!
 My depression also caused me to attempt suicide by overdosing on pamelor (a
tricyclic)...it was nip and tuck but I survived, by the grace of
God,......and that's another problem with tricyclics....you can overdose on
them whereas with prozac, etc., you can't.  Good luck....let me know how
things turn out!!!  Mark