Mark Hughes wrote:

> The only thing I really understood was the phrase "oxidative stress."
>  Anywhere in your research have your read whether or not anti-oxidants
> (specifically, pine bark, grape seed extract, blue-green algae, Vit C, etc)
> is helpful in patients with Parkinsons Disease?  Thanks, Mark

The claim for usefulness of Eldepryl rests on its anti-oxidant property.
"MAO-B Inhibitor" is just another way to state that property. Another
antioxidant, Vitamin E (tocopherol), raised high hopes but didn't prove
effective. One explanation for that was that Vitamin E doesn't get by
the blood-brain barrier to where it is needed. Cheers,
Joe
--
J. R. Bruman   (818) 789-3694
3527 Cody Road