I, too, would be interested in a more detailed explanation of this
difference. I was referred to the www.pallidotomy.com site, which said that
type B PD (the more aggressive kind) is characterized by akinetic symptoms.
If I remember correctly, this is the lack of movement. What exactly is
meant by this? Is bradykinesia a type of akinesia?? (I am personally
interested because my mother doesn't have much of a tremor, and when she
does, it doesn't seem better when active, as classic PD tremors are. Also,
she exhibits slowness and other symptoms which, if I had to characterize
them, would fall on the side of absence of movement rather than too much
movement.)  As always, thanks.

Debbie White