Richard,

Promise you won't laugh at this, but I swear it works.  I've had leg
cramps off and on for years (yes, especially during sex!) and have a quick
technique for relief that doesn't make you miss a beat, so to speak.  Just
bite your lower lip hard and pinch your upper lip with your fingers.  In a
minute, the cramp is gone.  The scientific explanation is that this is a
trigger point for those muscles, but I think it's just that your lip hurts
so much you forget about your leg.  Try it next time and see if it works
for you.

Pat